Recognize this? You’ve decided to build your business on killer content. You start a Blog site to post your weekly online teachings. You work diligently on weekly blog posts. After a few months disappointment starts to bubble up, because your site has zero to none visitors who want what you have. Wait! Don’t quit! It’s never too late to fix things! Read this to learn how to avoid screwing up your content marketing.
Offer content that your readers love and search engines rank high
Here’s the basic rule: killer content without the appropriate traffic is like selling sand in the desert to complete strangers. After walking for days, you discover that nobody wants to buy what you have to sell!
To quote Brian Clark (owner of Copyblogger):
The words you put on a web page have no life of their own until they get read. And those same words will not gain prominence in search engines until the words are linked to by relevant, authoritative sources.
So, here’s the simple solution to get results. You need to know:
- What your readers want to read.
- How to generate links by relevant, authoritative sources.
Catering to the needs of your readers is key. But if your competitors do the same, you need something else. Learn how to stand out and leave your competitors behind. To get you started, add the following 4 ingredients to your articles:
- Use the language that tackles the problems your readers have. Writing for your readers will produce the keywords that your readers use to search for your content.
- Use your own voice. Write like you were talking to your best friend.
- Craft specific words to create content that people genuinely love. The one they want to share with others. Intertwine it with relevant keywords so that search engines know what is relevant for your readers.
- Get incoming links that prove to search engines that your site is a relevant source and trusted authority.
Use SEO best practices
Copyblogger offers an exceptionally sophisticated tool that will save you valuable time and optimize your blog posts. The name for this tool is Scribe. This online SEO expert tool allows you to:
- Do keyword research to generate compelling content ideas
- Analyze your own post, preserving your own voice
- Show how search engines interpret your post
- Guide you with key content elements based on SEO best practices
- Identify quality link sources and social media outlets
If you want to take advantage of this valuable SEO tool to avoid screwing up your content the next time, check out how Scribe Makes SEO Simple!
Take Away:If you want to build your business on killer content, don’t forget to listen to your readers, build relationships with authoritative sites, connect with influencers and use SEO tools like Scribe to attract the right audience.
What’s your experience with content marketing? What works for you? Please leave us your reaction in the box below.