In order to stand out in today’s world -with constant change boosted by rapid developments in technology- you need to have two things to survive as a business owner: Knowledge and skills. If you agree, I invite you to continue reading…
(great sources of knowledge and skills: Jim Rohn, Brian Tracey, Tony Robbins, Mari Smith)
Are you Millennial ready?
We can not change the state of the economy, but we do control how we manage our business in changing circumstances. So, listen to this wise advise: “the only way to manage your successful business is by acquiring the right knowledge and skills”.
Let me give you one example of an industry that faces extremely challenging circumstances, and at the same time has a lot of BIG opportunities for success! I’m talking about the wedding industry. And here’s why…
Wedding vendors have to attract a new generation of young man and women to stay in business. This new generation is labelled “Generation Y or Millennials“. This primary target audience (born after 1975) is a generation that grew up with the internet. They have known technology their entire life. And they use these mobile devices as their main source of information. Not to listen to marketers, but to connect with their friends and family.
So, how do you connect with an audience -a young generation that does not want to be sold anything- and wants you to be invisible until they need you? Read on to learn about 3 critical success factors to stand out in today’s world of digital technology!
#1 Really get to know your target audience
The first massive advantage for wedding vendors is that their target audience is identified and studied by many. There’s a lot they can learn about this generation Y or millennials.
Let me just share 7 pretty fascinating stats to give you a clear idea about these millennials [Source: report by the Boston Consulting Group].
You can read them here or watch the interview with the lovely Emma Burford instead [or do both 🙂 ]
Here are 7 key findings on Millennials:
- Millennials are always in a hurry, So, when they need something, they want it fast, and they want it now. So, it’s essential to understand how to communicate with them in this state of “no time”;
- They trust their friends more than “corporate mouthpieces”;
- These are social creatures -both online and offline. They use social platforms to explore brands. You don’t have to tell them anything, they’ ll find out themselves. In fact, they want you to be invisible until they need you!
- When it comes to purchases, Millennials are far more likely than non-millennials to favor brands that have Facebook pages and mobile websites;
- This generation of Millennials loves to share their opinion with others. 64% of them feel that companies should offer more ways to share their opinion online;
- 71% of Millennials continue to share opinions because they believe other consumers value their opinions;
- Millennials are much more likely to be engaged in online activities such as rating products and services. So, support them with reviewing your products and services. Feedback is a present! Learn from your customers and improve your business to stand out even more!
My NEW training program “Bridal Leads Mastery” teaches wedding vendors to get Millennial ready. Because 70% of today’s weddings involve millennials. If you want to learn more, check out Bridal Leads Mastery!
#2 Keep Engaging Your Future Clients
The second advantage for wedding vendors is that their target audience wants to be entertained. And they spend a lot of time on social channels! Learn how to entertain your audience and share something of value to them. That’s how you build relationships and how you gain raving fans for your business. Don’t talk about your products or services. Share valuable stuff and attract the audience to your central hub. They know how and where to find you when they need you! Just work on your search engine rankings and be present on the right social channels and you’ll be ok.
#3 Cash in on your raving fans
The third advantage for wedding vendors is that engaged couples need wedding services! The main question is “why should they pick you?”
The answer to this “why” is TRUST. They will spend their money at your shop if they trust you.
Bridal Leads Mastery teaches businesses how to create a strategic approach (a plan for the long-term) to increase their reach, improve their visibility, attract the right audience, work on a solid reputation, gain trust and convert this all into solid cash to build a long-life thriving business. Sounds good to be true? Well, there’s only one way to find out if my words hold any value. Take action now 🙂
P.S. If you know a lot of businesses in the wedding industry that need help with standing out, this is for you: become a SUPER affiliate NOW for Bridal Leads Mastery and earn 50% on each sale of Bridal Leads Mastery via this site. Just sign up here!